Ah, the search for graduate school continues. My undergraduate life is coming to an end (CRYING), but a new chapter is about to begin. The big question is… What graduate school should I go to? I need to attend a school that caters towards my program, needs, and views.
Any answers are much appreciated!
- Hoping to get a Master’s in Journalism
- Want to take elective courses related to my Women’s Studies Minor, like International Relations topics
- Political views are pretty Liberal, but I want a campus where freedom of speech and opinion is welcomed
- Even though I’m a graduate student, I still want that college feel
- I’m a sucker for beautiful architecture
- I want to be surrounded by hard-working, intelligent people
Now onto the whole reason I wrote this blog post… My trip to UC Berkeley! Berkeley has always been a possible graduate school option for me. It’s renowned for its competitive acceptance rate and academic opportunities. I’ll admit, this university has some outstanding reviews from students, faculty members, and visitors. However, I didn’t realize how well suited this campus was for me until I visited.
Animal Rights Protest in Place
Sather Tower (The Campanile)
The Social Life
Work and Social balance is extremely important to me. Even though my academics always come first, I make time to explore and have fun. For a school that is home to some of brightest students in the world, this campus sure knows how to party! I had a wonderful time celebrating Berkeley’s alumni weekend at both a Fraternity party and the Football game (GO BEARS)!
Outside The Fraternity House
Whether I end up going to Berkeley or not, I had an amazing experience learning about the school’s traditions, cultures, and history. I think fate will definitely lead me to the graduate school that is right for me.
Special shoutout to Serena for giving me a personal tour of the campus!